My journey to Halong Bay

11:48 PM

By Akari

Halong Bay boat trip
Halong Bay from my boat
If someone asks me where was my favourite place in Vietnam, I won’t hesitate to say “HaLong Bay”. Before coming to this amazing South-East Asian country, I had already heard great reviews of Halong Bay and been so thrilled to come here, but the view I witnessed there was indeed beyond any imagination.

It’s not hard to travel to Halong Bay from Ha Noi as there are various options of transportation for me to chose and I decided to book a local bus which took me about 4hr and 15$. Shortly after departing, the bus took me to the rural area nearby Hanoi where houses were really long and narrow and traffic was not so crowded. Even the smallest thing which I think is normal to Vietnamese people got me curious like seeing buffaloes walking on the street or people loading a huge amount of stuff on their 2-wheeled vehicles.

The moment I finally got to Halong Bay I was literally speechless and at that time I knew this place was nominated as one of the World’s wonder for a reason. On the emerald water rises numerous limestone pillars and tiny islets, creating an unique realm of natural beauty.  The weather was not shiny at all but quite grey and moody but surprisingly it didn’t dampen the beauty of Halong Bay at all. In fact, the fog created an ethereal and mystique look which made me feel surreal and even more elated. Kayaking on the sea to hidden lagoons, caves and floating villages, I felt like the main character in an adventure movie, exploring exotic places on earth.

My 2-day-1-night trip in Halong Bay was indeed magnificent. If you really want to know how blessed this amazing country is, come to Halong Bay and enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
Halong Bay Vietnam
Halong Bay - A paradise on our earth

You Might Also Like

0 comments